How would you react if you heard the following relationship story from someone?
I’m in a fantastic relationship with the most wonderful person!
- Someone who loves me passionately, fully, and unconditionally
- Someone who is always there for me – to pick me up when I fall, to listen to me gripe
- Someone who does everything possible to meet my every need
I truly enjoy being loved so much!
- Being the center of her attention
- Being the recipient of her affection
- Enjoying her supportive affirmation
Because she loves me so much,
- I can (and do) act unlovely at times – yet her love isn’t withdrawn nor has it grown cold
- I can (and do) selfishly withhold myself at times – yet she is always “in the moment” for me
- I can (and do) take her for granted – yet she assures and affirms me every day
Even though she is always there for me,
- Sometimes I don’t really talk with her – you see, my other priorities consume my mind and time
- Sometimes I take from her without so much as a “Thank you” – but she understands my heart
- Sometimes I draw close and intimate with her – but usually it’s because everyone else has either turned their back on me, disappointed me, can’t help me, or don’t have time for me
But It’s a Great Relationship!
But from my perspective, it’s a great relationship!
- I take and give little in return – even though she freely gives me everything
- She is my constant, encouraging companion – yet who demands nothing from me in return
- Quite often, I’ve flat out ignored her – still her love, her time, and her attention is always given
In all honesty, I seldom consider how my actions hurt her
- Periodically, I may begrudgingly mumble, “I’m sorry” when I’ve done something really bad
- But for the most part, I take full advantage of the freedom she gives me to pursue my own interests – without really asking what she wants to do
- I find myself always complaining to her – even though she almost always speaks tenderly to me
I know she will always support me even though I don’t spend much time with her
- When she wants something from me, I don’t always give it – but, of course, I expect her full attention to my desires
- When I don’t spend time with her, or give her anything in return, she doesn’t say anything ugly about it or hold it against me
- When we “fight” or have our disagreements, it is usually just me pitching a fit about not getting my way or about the unfairness of my life
But she is amazingly patient, supportive, loving, and kind!
- Sometimes I fall asleep in her arms
- Most often I fall asleep without so much as a “Good night”
- But, when I wake up in the morning, I know she’ll be right there beside me
I hope she doesn’t stop loving me because I don’t know what I’d do, or how I’d live, without her!
Isn’t she the greatest?!
- Would you want a relationship like this?
- Would you stay in a relationship like this?
- How would it change your perspective if the “she” was a “he”?
- How would it change you personally if this person was Jesus?